Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Brett Favre's Press Conference

11/3/2010 Noon.  Watching the Favre Press Conference Live:

"I'm upset we're 2-5."  Translation "I'm pretty ticked that the 3 Musketeers came and got me out of Mississippi this summer.  I don't need this anymore."

"We're 1-3 since he [Randy] came in.  It's not his fault, it's all of our faults."  Translation "Thanks Brad, you're really making this comeback easy for me."

"The most talented teams aren't always the ones that win."  Translation "GET ME SOME BETTER FREAKING PLAY CALLING!!"

"The rest of our cast... is fine." Translation: "I don't remember their names, especially that offensive line, maybe if I didn't get hit every time I dropped back, I would know who's in front of me.  But fine is the best way I can put this.  Fine."

"Haven't been told anything as to why we let go of Randy.  Chilly never gave a reason for picking him up."   Translation: "Everybody knows I run this team.  What, no text, BRAD??  Your phone works fine in the offseason when you need me to come back, again, save your career!"

"I don't know if any other team has had as many live press conferences as we've had."  Translation: "Wow, what have I gotten myself into?"

"How's your chin, foot, ankle, elbow, anything else we don't know about?"  Gets sly grin on his face,  Thinking, "All things considered, I am happy to be breathing.  I haven't been laid since that whole Deadspin thing happened, thanks Jenn."

"Does everyone agree with Brad? No."  Translation: "I need to be calling the plays.  Let's get any kind of respectable coach in here, and we'd be undefeated ."

"I'm trying to stay optimistic...We'll just see what happens."  Translation: "Now I know what it's like to be a Chicago Cubs fan.  Sidney!  Come back to me!!"

Best of luck Brett.  The state of Minnesota is counting on you.

No comments:

Post a Comment